Movie review score
5

Maappilai, the yesteryear film of Rajnikanth is now being remade with the same title. Dhanush is doing the lead role and Hansika is paring with him.

She had earlier acted in Telugu and Malayalam films. Through Maappilai she is entering Tamil films. Sri Devi has been signed to don the role of the mother in law of Dhanush. She has been paid Rs 1 crore. Hansika while speaking about this film said," I have been receiving lot of offers to act in Tamil films.

But I did not accept any of these films. I was waiting for a good story. Now I got the offer to act in Maappilai which has a good storyline. I immediately agreed to act in this film. I listened to the whole story of the original version. I liked the story very much. Dhanush is one of the leading heroes in Tamil film industry.

I am very happy to act with him. I have seen films of Dhanush dubbed in Hindi. There is news I am demanding excessive salary. Money is not the main criteria for me. The story and character is important for me. I have earned a good name from the producers by acting in my earlier films I am not of the opinion that one can stay in this profession by doing glamour roles.

Without hard work it is not possible for anyone to be a winner. I like Rajni, Kamal, Surya and Vijay. I am very much interested to pair with them. If the story demands I don't mind in acting in kissing scenes."

Leave a Reply