Movie review score
5

While the debate over caste based census intensifies with most political parties favouring it Amitabh Bachchan has clearly said that if ever asked to mention his caste he would categorically say his caste is Indian irrespective of what the system decides.

Big B has said in his blog that his father, Harivansh Rai Bachchan, a noted Hindi poet and literateur, never believed in caste system.

"My Father never believed in caste and neither do any of us. He married a Sikh (Teji Bachchan), I married a Bengali (Jaya Bhaduri), my brother a Sindhi (Ramola), my daughter (Shweta) a Punjabi (Nikhil Nanda), my son (Abhishek) a Mangalorean (Aishwarya Rai)... in his autobiography he (Harivansh Rai) had expressed that future generations of his family should marry into different parts of the country. So far that tradition has been kept alive!!"

Leave a Reply